Excellence in Leadership Program (ELP)
DAY 1: Wednesday February 12th, 9am – 4:15pm
Overview & Leadership Values – Nonprofit Trends – Leading with Courage
|8:45 AM||Breakfast (drop in)||15 min.|
|9:00 AM||Welcome||15 min.|
|9:15 AM||Program Overview & Leadership Values|
• Start exploring your own definition of a leader
• What is the impact you want to have as a leader
• Begin to strengthen your support network by getting to know your colleagues better
|10:45 AM||Break||15 min.|
|11:00 AM||Know Your Sector|
Create a shared understanding of current nonprofit trends affecting the sector and nonprofit leaders
|Linda Jacobs/Lily Rego?|
|12:15 PM||Lunch||45 min.|
|1:00 PM||Leading with Courage & Influence|
• Recognize that vulnerability is the birthplace of many of the behaviors that define courageous leadership including creativity, accountability, and difficult conversations.
• Explore the importance of emotional literacy for effective communication and connection.
• Learn the courageous leadership skills and tools that help guide tough conversations including giving and receiving feedback.
|Ana Estrada Daniels|
|4:00 PM||Closing Thoughts||15 min.|