65 Mitchell Blvd
San Rafael, CA 94903
How to Form a Nonprofit Corporation in California.
Presented by Susan Christman, Attorney at Law
Free for all community members
In this information session attendees will learn about forming a nonprofit tax-exempt corporation in California. Topics will include the mechanics of forming a nonprofit, including the advantages and disadvantages, as well as alternatives.
- Understand the different types of nonprofits
- Determine if forming a nonprofit is the best approach for an organization
- Gain an understanding of the numerous regulatory agencies and what they are looking for in the application process and why
- Learn basic steps to starting a nonprofit
- Understand how to maintain and manage a nonprofit once tax exempt status is granted
Who should attend: This session is appropriate for individuals or groups interested in starting a nonprofit corporation.