Overview & Process
Change is inevitable. When nonprofit organizations experience leadership transitions, many lack the time or resources to maintain stability and resilience. CVNL’s Executive Search & Transition Services have provided successful full-cycle executive recruiting for nonprofit organizations since November 2006. We offer expert support in executive search, interim leadership placement, and succession planning. CVNL has placed more than 90 C-level leaders in positions such as Chief Executive Officer/Executive Director, Chief Financial Officer, Vice President of Development, Chief Operations Officer, and many more.
Whether full-time or interim, CVNL ensures the best leader for each unique situation.
Included in an Executive Search:
- Search Committee Selection and Training
- Transition Timeline Development
- Board Facilitation throughout Transition
- Mandate and Position Description Development
- Advertising for Candidates
- Sourcing and Recruiting
- Candidate Development and Screening
- Presentation of Candidate Pool-to-Client
- Reference and Background Checking
- Negotiation of Compensation Package
- On-boarding Assistance
Well-managed transition to new leaders can enable organizations to chart a course in a new direction, maintain momentum, build or rebuild infrastructure, and clarify their mission. Leadership changes create pivotal opportunities.
CVNL maintains a vibrant interim leadership placement program to facilitate successful leadership transitions for all executive and senior management positions with nonprofits. We tap our vetted pool of experienced interim executive directors, proven search methods, and extensive nonprofit management resources to support organizations through all stages of transition.
CVNL has a full range of Transition Services including:
- Interim Executive Management
- Organizational Assessment
- On-boarding Plan
- Succession Planning
Who should consider Transition Services?
- Organizations with Open Leadership Positions
- Organizations Experiencing Significant Change
- Talented Nonprofit Professionals Seeking a Match
- Board Members Committed to Long Term Leadership
- Donors and Foundations Supporting Nonprofits
- Business Leaders Concerned with Nonprofit Capacity
Please contact Linda Jacobs, CEO, at 415.448.0300 or email@example.com for additional information.