2021 Nominating Procedures
Please complete your nominations online according to these FAQ:
See the Awards Category section, below.
The deadline for nominations are now closed as of January 24, 2022. Thank you!
Yes, you may self nominate and we encourage you to nominate in as many categories that you have qualified nominees.
Please review the application questions associated with each award category. You will be required to respond to these in your narrative.
The submitted narrative should be in 12-point font, 1” margins, and may not exceed three (3) pages. No supplementary materials will be accepted and could disqualify your submission (unless you are submitting a nomination for Lifetime Achievement).
The event is our opportunity to publicly acknowledge all nominees and their commitment to the community. Since we do not announce award recipients in advance, all nominees are expected to attend. Mark your calendars and secure your tickets early – they tend to sell out!
It is fine if your work goes outside of Napa but remember this is an award for service in the particular county – focus on that within your narratives.
After completing your online nomination, an automatic email will be sent to the email provided for the nominee and nominator letting them know of the successful submission.
CVNL will be following Napa County Health Department Covid-19 Protocols. Proof of vaccination is required for attendance.
Acceptable types of proof of vaccination include:
- photo of the vaccination card you received, or
- a photo of the card stored on a phone or electronic device, or
- a photo of the proof of vaccine you received from the State of California website: https://myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov/.
We ask that proof of vaccination be uploaded during registration in advance of the event. Masking may be required indoors prior to the served meal.
2021 Award Categories
Self nominations are accepted and you may nominate in multiple categories.
- Excellence in Leadership Award. $5,000 for the recipient’s nonprofit will be presented to an executive director who has demonstrated excellence in leadership and whose vision has inspired meaningful and lasting change benefiting the organization and community.
- Achievement in Nonprofit Excellence Award. $5,000 will be presented to an organization that has demonstrated exemplary service to their constituents.
- Volunteer of the Year Award. $5,000 for the recipient’s nonprofit will be presented to an individual who has provided exemplary volunteer service to a Napa nonprofit organization.
- Youth Volunteer of the Year Awards. Up to five awards of $1,000 each will be presented to full-time middle or high school students serving a Napa nonprofit in the community, education or faith environment.
- Excellence in Board Leadership Award. $2,500 for the recipient’s nonprofit will be presented to an exceptional volunteer member of a Napa nonprofit board of directors.
- Corporate Community Service. The Corporate Community Service Award will be presented to a business that has fostered and encouraged volunteerism and philanthropy among its employees.