Call for Nominations Announced! • Submit yours online by Friday, January 20, 2017 at 5:00 p.m.
Where volunteers, nonprofits and leaders shine.
Every day, passionate individuals like you dedicate their work to advancing our communities. CVNL honors local leaders and their causes at the Heart of Napa Awards. Produced by CVNL, the Heart of Napa recognizes outstanding nonprofits and the committed individuals who serve them. We encourage you to nominate your organization and others in multiple categories.
Award Categories and Questions
Excellence In Leadership
The Excellence in Leadership Award and $5,000 for the recipient’s nonprofit will be presented to an executive director who has demonstrated excellence in leadership and whose vision has inspired meaningful and lasting change benefiting the organization and community.
1. Briefly state the organization’s mission. Provide date of hire for the nominee. To qualify, the nominee must have held their current position for a minimum of three years.
2. Describe the programs, strategies and services the nominee implemented to advance the mission of the organization. Include measurable outcomes achieved.
3. Describe any extraordinary challenges the nominee has overcome and how these challenges were addressed.
4. What has the nominee done to ensure the organization’s sustainability?
5. How has the nominee exemplified excellence in leadership and served as a role model among their peers and the community?
SPONSOR: Redwood Credit Union
Achievement In Nonprofit Excellence
The Achievement in Nonprofit Excellence Award and $5,000 will be presented to an
organization that has demonstrated exemplary service to their constituents.
1. Briefly state the organization’s mission and services offered.
2. What community need or problem is addressed? Explain how the organization benefits the constituents/community.
3. Describe the measurable outputs and outcomes that have resulted from the program(s).
4. How has the organization demonstrated excellence in programs, financial performance, board and volunteer involvement or resource development?
5. Describe and provide examples of efforts that have been made to ensure organizational sustainability.
SPONSOR: Kaiser Permanente, Napa Solano
Volunteer of the Year
The Volunteer of the Year Award and $5,000 for the recipient’s nonprofit will be presented to an individual (other than a board member) who has provided exemplary volunteer service to a Napa nonprofit organization.
1. Using examples from the past 12 months, describe how the nominee has shown dedication and commitment to the organization or its constituents.
2. Illustrate how the nominee made a significant, positive impact on the organization or the community it serves during the past 12 months.
3. Briefly state the organization’s mission and services offered. How long has the nominee volunteered for the organization, including the number of years served and type of service?
SPONSOR: Syar Foundation
Youth Volunteer of the Year
Up to five Youth Volunteer of the Year Awards of $1,000 each will be presented to full-time middle or high school students serving a Napa nonprofit in the community, education or faith environment.
1. Provide the school and grade of the nominee.
2. Using examples from the past 12 months, illustrate how the nominee has made a significant, positive impact on the organization.
3. Using examples from the past 12 months, describe how the nominee has demonstrated dedication and commitment to the organization, its constituents and/or the community.
4. Briefly state the organization’s mission and services offered. How long has the nominee volunteered for the organization, including the number of hours served and type of service?
SPONSOR: Bank of Marin
Excellence In Board Leadership
The Excellence in Board Leadership Award and $2,500 for the recipient’s nonprofit will be presented to an exceptional volunteer member of a Napa nonprofit board of directors.
1. Using examples from the past 12 months, describe how the nominee has made a significant, positive and measurable impact on the organization.
2. How has the nominee demonstrated leadership, dedication and exhibited best practices in nonprofit governance during the past 12 months?
3. Describe how the nominee has supported a collaborative relationship with the executive director, constituents and/or the community.
4. Briefly state the organization’s mission and services offered.
SPONSOR: The Doctors Company
Corporate Community Service
The Corporate Community Service Award will be presented to a business that has fostered and encouraged volunteerism and philanthropy among its employees.
1. Briefly write a statement demonstrating the organization’s corporate commitment to volunteerism, community service or civic engagement. How does this align with the business’ culture, values and goals?
2. Give examples of programs or initiatives that have encouraged or demonstrated volunteerism, community service or civic engagement (e.g. matching grants, recruitment and placement of volunteers, board service, paid time off for service activities, etc.).
3. Describe the measurable outcomes in Napa that have resulted from programs or initiatives, including number of participants.
4. Over the past 12 months, how has the nominee responded to the increased need of the community?
SPONSOR: Pacific Gas and Electric Company
- Online submissions only (“Nominate HERE” tab).
- Please use either Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
- When a nomination is successfully submitted, both the nominator and nominee will receive an automatic email confirmation (please check your junk or spam folders). If you do not receive an email confirmation, your nomination most likely was not received – please contact us immediately via email at email@example.com or call 415.448.0334.
- Nominations must be received no later than 5:00p.m., on January 20, 2017. You may nominate in multiple categories and self nominations are accepted.
- Nominees must be affiliated with or be a nonprofit organization serving Napa County.
- An incomplete nomination form disqualifies the nomination. Make sure to complete all of the required information for each nomination and respond to all questions.
- The narrative should be presented in 12-point font and must answer all questions associated with the award category. The narrative must not exceed three (3) pages. Do not include any additional material.
- Nominator must inform nominee of this nomination and ensure he or she will be able to attend the Heart of Napa Awards Luncheon on March 16, 2017.
Heart of Napa nominations are now closed. If you have questions, please contact Molly Schmidt firstname.lastname@example.org
Tables and Tickets are now available for the 2nd Annual Heart of Napa Awards Luncheon.
Join us as we recognize all of the nominees. Share the moment with your family and colleagues. The Heart of Napa Awards Luncheon takes place at the Napa Valley Expo from 11:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m on Thursday, March 16, 2017. Directions to 575 3rd Street, Napa.