Fiscal SponsorshipFor new organizations that would like to do nonprofit work, fiscal sponsorship is a cost effective way to:
- Connect your idea or project to an existing community-based organization
- Tap into a pre-existing infrastructure to ensure best practices and compliance
- Allow you to focus on building your brand, your business plan and the deliverables that will drive your mission
What We Look ForCenter for Volunteer & Nonprofit Leadership (CVNL) may be a good match for innovative projects that are:
- Based in Northern California and are responsive to current or ongoing community needs
- Have a clear and compelling written plan to effectively address that need
- Have the leadership of at least three qualified individuals willing to serve as advisors
- Have initial funding and a plan for ongoing support
How to ApplySTEP 1: Determine if CVNL is the Right Fit Consider the following:
- Will your project provide tangible benefits to your community?
- Is your idea and project plan embraced by a group of committed supporters?
- Do you have the sincere drive and enthusiasm to make your charitable ideas work?
- Can you quantitatively and qualitatively demonstrate the need for the services you intend to deliver?
- Can you identify strong funding prospects to help you move ahead?
- Can you articulate your goals and clearly express your plans to achieve them?