There is great research to support the effects doing good for others can have on our mental wellness – what some psychologists call a “helper’s high.” Additional studies highlight how appreciation for those around you can make you a more effective leader. When you intentionally do an act of kindness for someone else, you make an impact – both on them and on you!
At CVNL, we support this movement by honoring hundreds of local leaders and their causes at the Annual Heart of Marin Awards. In its 27th year, we will give $35,000 to outstanding nonprofits & the committed individuals who serve them. You can play a significant part at this year’s event by submitting a nomination for an outstanding volunteer, nonprofit, business, or leader serving Marin County. It’s time to take your impact to the next level. Who will you recognize?
- Do you know a middle or high schooler who instead of complaining about the problems in their neighborhood or school, has taken it upon themselves to change things for the better? Up to five recipients will be chosen to receive $1,000 scholarships and recognized as a Youth Volunteer of the Year.
- We can all probably name a nonprofit that benefits our community with exemplary service to their constituents, excellent programming, and inclusive board or volunteer engagement. Show your support by nominating them for the Achievement in Nonprofit Excellence award.
- Do you know a nonprofit executive whose vision has inspired meaningful and lasting change benefiting the organization and community? Why not nominate them for the Excellence in Leadership award!
- Or what about those who are dedicated volunteer nonprofit board members and have made a significant, positive, and measurable impact on the organization. Recognize them with an Excellence in Board Leadership nomination.
- Think of people who volunteer tirelessly for a Marin nonprofit and have shown dedication and commitment to the organization or its constituents. Nominate them for Volunteer of the Year!
- Do you know of an individual, organization or partnership that has developed a new, creative, and effective innovation to address critical issues in our community? An award of $5,000 for Excellence in Innovation is certain to further their nonprofit’s mission.
- There are a number of local businesses that are committed to fostering and encouraging volunteerism and philanthropy among its employees. Recognize their social responsibility efforts by nominating them for our Corporate Community Service award.
- Maybe you know someone who over their lifetime has made a notable contribution to a particular cause, issue, or discipline. The Lifetime Achievement award will be presented to an individual that deserves to be recognized for this immense contribution to Marin County.
All nominations are due by 5:00pm on Wednesday, November 6, 2019. You can read the full Nominating Procedures and complete the online application at cvnl.org/heartevents. From our heart to yours – thank you for taking the time to illuminate such inspirational stories!
A special thank you to the sponsors who make this event possible:
2019 Presenting Sponsor – Bank of Marin
Media Sponsor – Marin Independent Journal
Award Sponsors – BioMarin; Bregante+Company, LLP; Comerica Bank; EACH Foundation; EO Products; Kaiser Permanente; Marin Community Foundation; Nugget Markets; PG&E; Redwood Credit Union