Looking for opportunities to engage your employees in volunteerism?
We’re here to make it happen, and make it easy for you. Nonprofits depend on corporate support to provide volunteers, board members, and off-set their limited budgets. Studies suggest that one of the top 10 drivers of employee engagement is the company’s reputation for social responsibility.
CVNL Volunteer Marin and Napa guide businesses through the often unfamiliar territory of volunteer service project planning. Drawing on our vast network of agency partnerships and planning expertise, we design ongoing volunteer programs or one-time events, specifically tailored to the needs and interests of your company. Volunteer Marin and Napa create, prepare, coordinate, and execute all aspects of your planned projects while working with your staff to help recruit, motivate and communicate with your volunteers. The collaboration between CVNL and your company ensures that each project meets a community need and reflects your corporate culture and values.
What we can do for you…
- Identify and recruit agencies that can use the volunteer support of your employees
- Coordinate all logistics for the volunteer project, including project planning, site inspection, acquisition of supplies and on-site volunteer orientation and leadership
- Assist your company with internal volunteer recruitment
- Track employee volunteer hours
- Volunteer Marin and Napa can even arrange transportation and food
- Employee volunteering events pay dividends long after the project is complete.
- Improve employee recruitment and retention
- Boost employee morale
- Strengthen corporate reputation in the community
- Create opportunities for leadership training and team building
Impact areas and projects
- Environmental Programs: working outdoors with various groups to improve the environment and reduce invasive elements.
- Animals: wildlife rescue & transport, cleaning of cages, feeding and care.
- Care Packages for Soldiers: donating, organizing and packaging.
- Adult Education: English as a second language
- Seniors Programs: delivering food or providing companionship
- Building Supplies: sorting, organizing and pricing donated building materials.
- Food Bank/Pantry: sorting, packaging, distribution.
- Children’s Services Programs; reading, school projects, recreational activities, mentoring activities.
Are you ready to make a difference and engage with us?
CVNL is excited to offer an impactful and unforgettable service opportunity for your team. For over 50 years, CVNL has been a resource for individuals, nonprofits, and companies looking to engage in service. Whether it’s building a social responsibility program, coordinating a day of service, or empowering employees to join local boards, CVNL supports companies in developing civic engagement among their staff. CVNL has a successful history of guiding businesses through the often unfamiliar territory of volunteer service project planning. In 2014, CVNL successfully managed more than 2,000 volunteers at projects in the Marin and Napa counties.
Corporate Project options
Day/Week/Month/Year of Service
We collaborate with your team to design, facilitate and manage a done-in-a-day service Project. We help you promote volunteer opportunities inside of your organization, recruit volunteers, provide an organization-wide orientation and track volunteer hours for you each month.
We consult and collaborate with you to create a customized project(s), unique to your needs, recruit volunteers, and track volunteer hours for the project, and facilitate a direct connection with the agency to be served. This package does not include day of support.
On-site Service Projects
We collaborate with your team to design and create a 1 – 3 hour on-site volunteer project for 10 – 15 volunteers. CVNL staff will: make the connection with the agency, prepare the box with supplies and directions, and deliver the supplies. This option includes use of CVNL materials, contacts and supplies. Cost for coordination/participation, but limited to 15 participants, and program is not customizable.
Contact Anton Timms, Director of Volunteer Services, for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org, 415.448.0340
What CVNL has done for us is connect the need of the community with the employee …I’m constantly referring Autodesk employees to CVNL.
–Julie Wilder, Autodesk