Participate in Fair Pay for Northern California Nonprofits: The 2021 Compensation & Benefits Survey
Now open for participation, with an updated Economic Environment section to capture the nonprofit sector’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
2021 promises to be year unlike any other as nonprofit managers continue to navigate the challenges brought by the COVID-19 pandemic. Here’s how your organization will benefit from the “the best survey of its kind:”
- Current, local compensation data on more than 200 jobs found in nonprofit organizations throughout Northern California
- Base pay levels and bonus/incentive pay for each job with details by annual operating budget, location within Northern California, number of employees and primary field of service
- Employee benefits in detail: paid time off, insurance, retirement
- Salary increases over the past year and expected during the next year
- Policies with respect to on-call work, overtime, shift differentials, pay for bilingual skills, introductory periods, performance reviews and more
The survey will also help your organization find out how the local nonprofit community is coping with current economic conditions. Here are some questions the survey can help nonprofit managers answer:
- Are nonprofits foregoing planned salary adjustments or reducing employee pay levels?
- Are nonprofits furloughing or laying off employees?
- How have specific types of revenue been impacted by the pandemic?
- Are organizations reducing their costs of employee benefits?
Published by Oakland-based Nonprofit Compensation Associates, the survey covers a vast geographic area, 48 Northern California counties, from Del Norte County in the far northwest to Inyo County in the far southeast. More than six hundred nonprofit organizations, reporting on over 33,000 jobs, participated in the 2020 survey, making it among the largest and most robust in the survey’s 42-year history.
Participation deadline: February 12, 2021
Report publication date: April 16, 2021