Apply for Service Enterprise Initiative (SEI) opportunities
CVNL can help guide you to effectively leverage volunteers and their skills across all levels of your organization. Below are examples of what you can do to more effectively address community needs and operate at almost half the median budget.
Become a Service Enterprise
SEI is not solely volunteer management training, but a comprehensive organizational realignment which empowers nonprofits to more efficiently engage volunteers and effectively address community needs. Research shows that organizations who are volunteer-centric develop stronger leadership capabilities, are more adaptable, sustainable, better-resourced to do their work, and able to carry out their missions more effectively.
How does the program work?
Through the journey of becoming a Service Enterprise, your nonprofit will receive comprehensive research-based assessments, innovative trainings, individualized consulting, and national certification that will guide your staff and board through a change management process to more effectively engage volunteers to address community needs.
CVNL provides the following through its Service Enterprise Program:
What are the key benefits of SEI?
- Improved efficiency and reduced operational costs
- Additional staff time created due to streamline processes
- A better ROI through more effective program delivery
- Making the organization more appealing to funders and volunteers
- Establishing a baseline of practice for future analysis
- Becoming part of nationally recognized program
- Becoming a CVNL “go to” agency for volunteers, pro-bono consulting and corporate projects
Who are the local service enterprises?
- Alameda County Community Food Bank
- Marin County Civic Center Volunteers
- Canal Alliance
- Marin Villages
- Cedars of Marin
- Napa Emergency Women’s Services
- Center for Domestic Peace
- Napa Humane
- Community Resources for Children (CRC)
- Napa Valley Hospice & Adult Day Services
- Conolly Ranch Education Center
- Operation Access
- Cope Family Center
- Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center
- Catholic Charities
- San Geronimo Valley Community Center
- Hospice By The Bay
- Slide Ranch
- The Marin Literacy Program
- Marin County Bicycle Coalition
- West Marin Senior Services
- Marin County School Volunteers